The Fabless 4-Cyl Complete Mount Kit for the VW MK2 & Corrado can be used a direct replacement for MK2 & Corrado factory 4-cylinder engine mounts or they can be used to swap in a 1.8T or another 4-cylinder engine listed below. Compatible with the 02a/02J 5 speed transmission.
Our mounts are stronger and stiffer than the factory mounts while also providing some adjustability on the Block Mount. The block mount has two positions factory height (top position) & up to a 16mm drop (lower setting); 16mm drop with MK3/Corrado VR6 Subframe, 8mm drop with MK2/Corrado G60 subframe selection. The lower setting on the mount is useful for additional hood clearance.
The Fabless MK2 & Corrado 4-Cylinder Complete Mount Kit is a full mount solution, providing an upgraded front cross member and all the mounts needed for a completely bolt in swap. Made from mild steel, beautifully TIG Welded and coated with black powder coat for durability.
These mounts are OEM position, which means they work with factory axles.
- 4-Cyl Block Mount with polyurethane bushing
- 02A/02J Transmission Mount with polyurethane bushing
- MK2/Corrado Tubular Front Cross Bar with Front Engine Mount
- Zinc plated mounting hardware
- Black powder coat
- Adjustable Upper Rad Mounts (VR6 Radiator) *MK2 application only
- Polyurethane Jack Pad
- VW MK2 Golf/Jetta
- Corrado VR6/Corrado G60*
* For fitment on the Corrado, upper radiator tabs will need to be fabricated. Please also note the radiator compatibility below.
- 1.8L 8v/16v
- 2.0L ABA/16v
- ALH *tested for turbo clearance
- 8v/16v Radiator
- MK3 VR6 Radiator (North American)
Removable lower rad pins are provided for fitment of both rad types listed. For the MK2 rad support, we offer bolt in upper radiator mounts for both options also.
A factory fan set up will work, however if space or engine cooling is a concern, a slim fan set up with Spal fans is recommended. Check out our Engine Cooling dropdown under Swap Parts.