The FM Front Tubular Cross Bar is a direct replacement for the factory MK2 Golf/Jetta front subframe. Made from mild steel, beautifully TIG Welded and coated with black powder coat for durability.
Our Tubular Front Cross Bar is stronger, stiffer and lighter than the factory front support. The integrated front engine mount decreases engine movement resulting in more power transferred where you want it. The cross bar itself weighs 5.6kg and the front engine mount with bushing weighs just under 1kg (the mount weight fluctuates slightly based on engine selection).
- Tubular Front Cross Bar constructed with DOM tubing
- Jack Point
- Front Engine Mount with polyurethane bushing
- Mounting hardware for chassis
- Black powder coat
- Adjustable Upper Rad Mounts (VR6 Radiator)
- Polyurethane Jack Pad
MK2 VW Golf/Jetta Chassis and VW Corrado*
- VR6 2.8L 12v with O2A, O2J or O2M Transmission
- VR6 2.8L 24V, 3.2L, 3.6L with O2A, O2J or O2M Transmission
- 1.8L 8-valve and 16-valve
- 2.0L ABA and 16-valve
- 8-valve/16-valve Radiator
- MK3 VR6 Radiator (North American)
The lower rad tabs come with removable pins for fitment of both rad types listed. Our Adjustable Upper Rad Mounts make the MK3 VR6 radiator completely bolt into the MK2 factory Rad Support. The VR6 radiator can be tilted back and fourth for fitment on every set up. 8-valve & 16-valve radiators will require upper rad mounts to be fabricated.
- Slim fans are recommended with the VR6 engine to ensure fitment.
* For fitment on a Corrado please note that this product was designed for the MK2 and modifications have been implemented to better fit the Corrado. There is 100% fitment compatibility with the bar to the Corrado frame rails and the front engine mount. With the change to the front support, the bar will bolt to the lower Corrado rad support like factory. Please note that rad tabs are not made for the Corrado rad, but do allow for a larger rad to be run (MK3 VR6) which will help with any present or potential cooling issues. Upper rad mounts will need to be fabricated.