The Fabless MK3 4-Cyl/02M Complete Mount Kit is a full mount solution, providing an upgraded front cross member and all the mounts needed to install a 1.8T, 1.8L 8v/16v, 2.0L ABA/16v or ALH in your VW MK3.
Our block mount is tested in ALH applications for turbo clearance.
Our mounts are stronger and stiffer than the factory mounts while also providing some adjustability on the Block Mount. The block mount has two positions; factory height (top position) & a 16mm drop with MK3/Corrado VR6 Subframe (lower setting). The lower setting on the mount is useful for additional hood clearance.
These mounts keep the engine in OEM position, which means 02M axles on the market are compatible.
NOTE: The subframe cup has to be moved to clear the inner CV on the 02M transmission
- 4-CYL Block Mount with subframe Perch
- 02M Transmission Mount with subframe Perch
- MK3 Tubular Front Cross Bar with Front Engine Mount
- Zinc plated mounting hardware
- Polyurethane bushings
- Black powder coat
- Radiator Mount Kit - VW MK3 (radiator bushings)
- Polyurethane Jack Pad
- VW MK3 Golf/Jetta LHD & RHD
- 1.8L 8v/16v
- 2.0L ABA/16v
* Additional hardware is needed in most 1.8T applications as the factory starter bolts are not long enough to bolt on the Front Engine Mount. We recommend the Front Engine Mount Hardware [Starter Bolts] - 1.8T Swaps for 1.8T engines.
** 4-Cyl Block Mount is tested for turbo clearance with the VNT17 and K04 turbos. Note that the turbo outlet may need to be clocked differently, and the piping may need to be custom fabricated.
- 02M 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - VW MK4
- 02M 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - Audi MK1 TT
- 02Q 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - VW MK5/MK6
- 02Q/0FB 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - VW MK7
In AWD/quattro applications a MK2/Corrado G60 Subframe is needed for clearance. Otherwise modification is required for the axle to clear the engine perch on the subframe.
- 02M/02Q/0FB Compatible Axles (not included)
Although our mounts are OEM position, custom axles are required to accommodate the transmission. The 02M/02Q/0FB is larger and uses larger inner CV's compared to the factory 02A Transmission in the MK3. Any axles on the market intended for an 02M/02Q/0FB in a MK2, MK3 or Corrado application will work with our mount positioning.
- Compatible with North American and European Rad supports and radiators.
A factory fan set up will work, however if space or engine cooling is a concern, a slim fan set up with Spal fans is recommended. Check out our Engine Cooling dropdown under Swap Parts.