The Fabless MK2 4-Cylinder 02M Complete Mount Kit is a full mount solution, providing an upgraded front cross member and all the mounts needed to install a 1.8T, 1.8L 8v/16v, 2.0L ABA/16v or ALH in your VW MK2.
Our block mount is tested in ALH applications for turbo clearance. Available in both subframe mounting options; MK2/Corrado G60 subframe or MK3/Corrado VR6 subframe. Made from mild steel, beautifully TIG Welded and coated with black powder coat for durability.
Our mounts are stronger and stiffer than the factory mounts while also providing some adjustability on the Block Mount. The block mount has two positions; factory height (top position) & up to a 16mm drop (lower setting); 16mm drop with MK3/Corrado VR6 Subframe, 8mm drop with MK2/Corrado G60 subframe selection. The lower setting on the mount is useful for additional hood clearance.
These mounts keep the engine in OEM position, which means 02M axles on the market are compatible.
NOTE: The subframe cup has to be moved back to clear the inner CV on the 02M transmission
- 4-CYL Block Mount with subframe Perch
- 02M Transmission Mount with subframe Perch
- MK2 Tubular Front Cross Bar with Front Engine Mount
- Zinc plated mounting hardware
- Polyurethane bushings
- Black powder coat
- Adjustable Upper Rad Mounts (VR6 Radiator)
- Polyurethane Jack Pad
- VW MK2 Golf/Jetta
*For Passat please contact for fitment.
- 1.8L 8v/16v
- 2.0L ABA/16v
* Additional hardware is needed in most 1.8T applications as the factory starter bolts are not long enough to bolt on the Front Engine Mount. We recommend the Front Engine Mount Hardware [Starter Bolts] - 1.8T Swaps for 1.8T engines.
** 4-Cyl Block Mount is tested for turbo clearance with the VNT17 and K04 turbos. Note that the turbo outlet may need to be clocked differently, and the piping may need to be custom fabricated.
- 02M 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - VW MK4
- 02M 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - Audi MK1 TT
- 02Q 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - VW MK5/MK6
- 02Q/0FB 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - VW MK7
In AWD/quattro applications a MK2/Corrado G60 Subframe is needed for clearance. Otherwise modification is required for the axle to clear the engine perch on the subframe.
- 02M/02Q/0FB Compatible Axles (not included)
Although our mounts are OEM position, custom axles are required to accommodate the transmission. The 02M/02Q/0FB is larger and uses larger inner CV's compared to the factory 02A Transmission in the MK2. Any axles on the market intended for an 02M/02Q/0FB in a MK2, MK3 or Corrado application will work with our mount positioning.
- 8v/16v Radiator
- MK3 VR6 Radiator (North American)
Removable lower rad pins are provided for fitment of both rad types listed. For the MK2 rad support, we offer bolt in upper radiator mounts for both options.
A factory fan set up will work, however if space or engine cooling is a concern, a slim fan set up with Spal fans is recommended. Check out our Engine Cooling dropdown under Swap Parts.