The Fabless 4-Cyl/02J Complete Mount Kit for the VW Corrado can be used a direct replacement for Corrado factory 4-cylinder engine mounts or they can be used to swap in a 1.8T or another 4-cylinder engine listed below. Compatible with the 02A/02J 5 speed transmission.
Our mounts are stronger and stiffer than the factory mounts while also providing some adjustability on the Block Mount. The block mount has two positions factory height (top position) & up to a 16mm drop (lower setting); 16mm drop with Corrado VR6/MK3 Subframe, 8mm drop with Corrado G60/MK2 subframe selection. The lower setting on the mount is useful for additional hood clearance.
The 4-Cyl/02J Complete Mount Kit is a full mount solution, providing an upgraded front cross member and all the mounts needed for a completely bolt in swap.
These mounts are OEM position, which means they work with factory axles.
- 4-Cyl Block Mount with polyurethane bushing
- 02A/02J Transmission Mount with polyurethane bushing
- Corrado Tubular Front Cross Bar with Front Engine Mount
- Zinc plated mounting hardware
- Black powder coat
- 1.8L 8v/16v
- 2.0L ABA/16v
* Additional hardware is needed in most 1.8T applications as the factory starter bolts are not long enough to bolt on the Front Engine Mount. We recommend the Front Engine Mount Hardware [Starter Bolts] - 1.8T Swaps for 1.8T engines.
** 4-Cyl Block Mount is tested for turbo clearance with the VNT17 and K04 turbos. Note that the turbo outlet may need to be clocked differently, and the piping may need to be custom fabricated.
Upper radiator tabs will need to be fabricated to secure the top of the radiator to the Corrado G60 or VR6 Upper Radiator Support.
- 8v/16v Radiator
- MK3 VR6 Radiator (North American)
Removable lower rad pins are provided for fitment of both rad types listed.
A factory fan set up will work, however if space or engine cooling is a concern, a slim fan set up with Spal fans is recommended. Check out our Engine Cooling dropdown under Swap Parts.