The Fabless Tubular Front Cross Bar for the Corrado is stronger, stiffer and lighter than the factory front support. The integrated front engine mount decreases engine movement resulting in more power transferred where you want it. The Tubular Front Cross Bar maintains OEM engine position, while offering a bolt in solution for many engine options and allowing for fitment of a larger radiator for improved cooling.
A Front Engine Mount is included with the Tubular Front Cross Bar based on the Engine Option selected. Front Engine Mounts are also available separately, and are interchangeable with the Tubular Front Cross Bar to make engine or transmission changes easier.
The Tubular Front Cross Bar is roughly half the weight compared to a factory cross member. The cross bar weighs 5.6kg and the front engine mount with bushing weighs just under 1kg (the mount weight fluctuates slightly based on engine selection).
The frame rail mounting holes are slotted on the bar for easier installation, washers are provided for use between the Tubular Front Cross Bar and the frame rails for proper fitment.
- Tubular Front Cross Bar constructed with DOM tubing
- Jack Point
- Front Engine Mount with polyurethane bushing
- Mounting hardware for chassis
- Black powder coat
- VW Corrado VR6
- VW Corrado G60
The Corrado air dam off the factory front cross member is not compatible with the Tubular Front Cross Bar. It can be modified to fit, however it is not necessary.
The Corrado factory power steering cooler is not compatible with the Tubular Front Cross Bar, we recommend running an aftermarket bar and plate cooler for improved performance.
- 2.8L 12v VR6
- 2.8L 24V, 3.2L, 3.6L VR6
- 1.8L 8v/16v & 2.0L 16v
- 2.0L ABA and ABF 16v
- 2.3L 10v VR5
- 2.3L 20v VR5
* Additional hardware is needed in most 1.8T applications as the factory starter bolts are not long enough to bolt on the Front Engine Mount. We recommend the Front Engine Mount Hardware [Starter Bolts] - 1.8T Swaps for 1.8T engines.
Please see Engine drop down for transmission compatibility.
The Tubular Front Cross Bar allows for fitment of the larger MK3 VR6/ABA or MK2 8v/16v radiator in a Corrado G60 or VR6. However, Upper radiator tabs will need to be fabricated to secure the top of the radiator to the Corrado G60 or VR6 Upper Radiator Support.
- 8v/16v Radiator
- MK3 VR6 Radiator (North American)
Removable lower rad pins are provided for fitment of both rad types listed.
- Slim fans are recommended to ensure fitment in the Corrado. Check out out slim fan solution in our Engine Cooling dropdown under Swap Parts.