The Fabless VR6/02M Complete Mount Kit provides a solution to install any VR6 Engine with an 02M Transmission in a MK3. This kit is a full mount solution, providing an upgraded front cross member and all the mounts needed for the swap.
Our mounts are stronger and stiffer than the factory mounts while also providing some adjustability on the Block Mount. The block mount has two positions; factory height (top position) & a 16mm drop with MK3/Corrado VR6 Subframe (lower setting). The lower setting on the mount is useful for additional hood clearance but it also helps to level out the engine appearance without impacting the axle fitment. These mounts will have the typical factory VR6 lean on the top block mount setting and less lean on the lower setting.
These mounts keep the engine in OEM position, which means 02M axles on the market are compatible.
NOTE: The subframe cup has to be moved back to clear the inner CV on the 02M transmission.
- VR6 Block Mount with subframe Perch
- 02M Transmission Mount with subframe Perch
- MK3 Tubular Front Cross Bar with Front Engine Mount
- Zinc plated mounting hardware
- Polyurethane bushings
- Black powder coat
- Radiator Mount Kit - VW MK3 (radiator bushings)
- Polyurethane Jack Pad
- 2.8L 12v VR6
- 2.8L 24v VR6
- 3.2L VR6
- 3.6L VR6
- 02M 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - VW MK4
- 02M 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - Audi MK1 TT
- 02Q 6-Speed Manual FWD/AWD - VW MK5/MK6/MK7
In AWD/quattro applications a Corrado G60/MK2 Subframe is needed for clearance. Otherwise modification is required for the axle to clear the engine perch on the subframe.
- 02M/02Q Compatible Axles (not included)
Although our mounts are OEM position, custom axles are required to accommodate the transmission. The 02M/02Q is larger and uses larger inner CV's compared to the factory 02J Transmission in the MK3. Any axles on the market intended for an 02M/02Q in a MK3 or Corrado VR6 application will work with our mount positioning.
- Compatible with North American and European Rad supports and radiators.
A factory fan set up will work, however if space or engine cooling is a concern, a slim fan set up with Spal fans is recommended. Check out our Engine Cooling dropdown under Swap Parts.