The first Bolt In 2.5L 07K Engine Swap Kit for the VW MK2 (LHD & RHD), built with our customers in mind!
- Bolt In – No cutting required!
- Works with MK2 and MK3 k-frame
- MK2 and MK3 widetrack compatible.
- Factory AC Compressor Fits
- No oil filter relocation kit needed! Fits with factory oil filter
- C-shaped up rights on Tubular Front Cross Bar to provide clearance for tubing (see last photo)
- Accessory bar attachment on Tubular Front Cross Bar for easier fitment of aftermarket accessories
- MK3 VR6 Radiator Bolts into MK2 rad support
- Jack up your car from the front center with our Poly Jack Pad add on
- Awesome ground clearance
- 2.5L 07K Block Mount with Polyurethane Bushing
- 2.5L 07K Transmission mount with polyurethane bushing
- 07K Specific Tubular Front Cross Bar
- 2.5L 07K Front Engine Mount with Polyurethane bushing
- Accessory Bar Attachment on Tubular Front Cross Bar for bolting on aftermarket goodies.
- Custom plated Zinc mounting hardware
- Passenger and Drivers Side Axles with CV Joints (MK2 width)
- Upper Radiator Mounting Tabs with grommets and radiator rubber mounts
- Select Your Subframe – We’ve included this option as many MK2’s have already been swapped with a MK3 VR6 subframe and finding a MK2 factory subframe to put back in can be a challenge. We’ve made it easier, now just tell us which subframe you have and we will send the mounts that fit!
- Select Your Axles – This option lets you chose if you want to keep your MK2 width wheel base or go MK3 wide track!
- Select Your Spindles – Although keeping your factory 4 bolt spindles is perfectly fine, with an upgraded engine, many owners decide to swap their spindles to 5-bolt. Tell us what spindles you will be using with the swap and we will send the right over CV joints to match!
Note: With 4-bolt spindles your factory or Fabless MK2 control arms will bolt right in. With 5-bolt spindles and MK2 width axles – trying to modify your factory MK2 control arms to accept a different ball joint is challenging, but lucky for you we provide Tubular Control Arms specifically for this application. Add your MK2 Tubular Control Arms - MK3 VR6 5-bolt Spindle here.
- Add Radiator? – This option adds the MK3 VR6 Radiator to your order.
- Add Poly Jack Pad? – This adds the polyurethane jack pad to your order. The jack pad fits into a cutout on the bottom side of the front cross bar to protect the bar from the jack. If you intend to use the jack point integrated into the front of the bar, this option is recommended.
- All VW MK2 Golf/Jetta LHD & RHD
- Bolts directly to the MK2 or MK3 K-Frame
This kit is intended for the MK2 but it will fit the Corrado G60 & VR6 with the exception of the rad placement/upper rad mounts. Contact us for more details.
- 2.5L 07K Engine – MK5 Golf/Rabbit/Jetta, MK6 Golf/Jetta, MK4 Beetle
- 02A or 02J 5 speed transmission (100mm cups) (1.8T/2.0L trans)
There is a small amount of interference between mating the MK4 transmission bell housing to the MK5. A small amount of grinding is required. Please contact us for photos.
- MK2 factory 4-bolt Spindles
- MK3 VR6 5-bolt Spindles
Select the spindles you have in the drop down above. This selection changes the outer CV joints that come on the shafts but still maintains MK2 width.
- MK3 VR6 Radiator (North American) in the MK2 Rad Support
Everything needed to bolt the rad in is included. The MK3 VR6 radiator can be added as an optional add on to your order.
Slim fans are recommended. Our aluminum fan shroud will be coming soon.
Other Compatible Products
Hydraulic Clutch Conversion Kit – With this swap you’ll need to convert your clutch to Hydraulic! Why not grab our Hydraulic Clutch Conversion Kit for the MK2? It bolts onto the MK2 pedal assembly and requires no cutting! Check out the full product here.
Tubular Control Arms – With an upgraded engine you may also want to consider upgrading your control arms. Our Tubular Control Arms are stiffer and provide better steering response than factory control arms. They are available for the factory 4-bolt spindle and the MK3 VR6 5-bolt spindle. Be sure to add the control arm that is appropriate to the spindle option selected in the Engine Swap Kit to ensure compatibility.
- Tubular Control Arms [Heim] - VW MK2 | G60 Corrado
- Tubular Control Arms [Heim] - VW MK2 | G60 Corrado [5-Bolt]
DBW Gas Pedal Adapter - A MK4 or MK7 gas pedal can be used with this swap. Try our bolt in conversion kit to fit a MK4 or MK7 pedal onto your MK2 pedal assembly.
$19.99 USD |
$19.99 USD |
$19.99 USD |